Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Marathons hurt!




Missy and I ran our first half marathon on Sunday, and there's only one thing I can say about it: ouch. Miles 1-6 were OK, but mile 7 was entirely uphill, and it cooked my bacon. Miles 8-13.1 were 5.1 of the most painful miles I've ever run, and that's saying something.

Lesson learned: do more hill training. We're planning on doing another half marathon this September, and my wife is crazy enough to think we can to a full marathon next January. But, crazy people say all sorts of crazy things.

The best part is that I hit my goal for time. My goal was 2 Hours. My final time: 2:00:36. I can deal with being 36 seconds over.

No comments:

 
Mentorific Find a mentor Become a mentor I Mentor How To Mentor Be a Mentor What Is Mentoring? The Mentor Mentorship Programs I Mentor I Mentor Learn Anything